Delivery Assurance Specialist (DAS) serve as a vital link between Prime Aerospace customers and their supplier base. Relying on their supply chain management expertise, DAS assess suppliers’ delivery performance, formulate root cause and corrective action plans to address systemic issues impacting performance, evaluate suppliers’ manufacturing processes for quality assurance, explore potential process improvements with suppliers, and gauge suppliers’ capabilities to support new customer products and programs. Proactively work with suppliers and customers to implement business process improvement measures.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continually evaluate work performed by the supplier at all stages, including the supplier’s
procurement of materials and equipment, as well as the supplier’s manufacturing, quality and delivery processes.
- Proactively work with the supplier to monitor all parts to support on-time customer deliveries; create daily status reports, develop and communicate actions and plans to customers.
- Drive actions to mitigate potential delivery delays by identifying risks, performing root cause analysis and development of recovery plans to bring shipments back in-line with customer requirements.
- Identify systemic causes for poor delivery performance and execute supplier improvement plans.
- Provide expert assessments and advice to suppliers and customers on suppliers’ delivery performance, quality assurance, process improvements and expansion capabilities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Manufacturing Experience – 5-10 years, preferably in Machine Shop/Sheet Metal
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in supply chain management, engineering, business, quality assurance or related field (preferred qualification)
- Experience working on process improvement teams or possess Six Sigma certification (preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (2010 Excel basic skills required)
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Reliable transportation – must have current/active drivers’ license
- US citizenship required
About the Company:
Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) is a growing company in the aerospace industry and we are seeking qualified candidates that are customer service driven with a strong desire to produce quality results while helping to continue building and developing relationships with our customers and their respective suppliers. SMS is based on decades of experience in supply chain management “to bring parts home on-time, every time.” SMS has proven our ability to provide an exemplary service to some of the industry’s largest aerospace companies. Our approach helps make part shortages a thing of the past, giving value to our customers.
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
This position is available in the following cities:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Tulsa, OK
Please email resumes to: SMSHR@smssolutionsinc.com